Closed: Environmental/Civil Engineer
The application period for this position closed on October 12, 2020. We are no longer accepting applications.
The Capital Area Regional Planning Commission (CARPC) is one of nine commissions in Wisconsin established to coordinate planning and development among area municipalities. Our mission is to strengthen the region by engaging communities through planning, collaboration, and assistance. CARPC’s planning region includes Dane County and the cities, towns, and villages with incorporated areas in Dane County. We are seeking to fill an immediate opening for a permanent, full-time, intermediate-level engineering position.
The Environmental Engineer is part of the Environmental Resources Planning Division. They take lead responsibility in projects including stormwater management and sanitary sewer plan review, water quality planning, water resources management, report writing, presentations, and related work as required. Requires coordination with work by other staff and outside agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, or a closely related engineering field.
- 5 years of experience in stormwater management, sanitary sewer plan development or review, and/or water quality planning.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer in Wisconsin, or the ability to be licensed within 1 year of the start of employment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-disciplined/motivated individual who also works well in a team environment.
How to Apply
Please refer to the job description for more information. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Mike Rupiper, Deputy Agency Director, at MikeR@CapitalAreaRPC.org by October 12, 2020.
The Capital Area Regional Planning Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARPC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.