Intern Position Available
The Capital Area Regional Planning Commission (CARPC) is seeking to immediately fill a temporary, part-time intern position. The position is for 10-12 hours per week and pays $15 per hour with no fringe benefits. This position will provide support to staff in the Community Planning Division and Environmental Resources Planning Division working on various planning projects. This work will include, but not be limited to, reporting on local planning news, data entry, assisting with research, report writing, and map making. The ideal candidate will meet a combination of the following requirements:
- Required: A current graduate student in Water Resources Management, Environmental Conservation, Environment and Resources, Urban Planning, or a closely related program. Dual degree students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Required: Experience with Microsoft Office programs in a Windows environment, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Required: Ability to work in detail-oriented environment under deadlines.
- Strongly preferred: Knowledge of and experience with ArcGIS.
- Strongly preferred: Basic working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with 2D and 3D design software is a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Linda Firestone at LindaF@CapitalAreaRPC.org no later than May 31, 2019.